Resources for 5/14/2013 session at FSI 2013 at UIUC:
Download the following files:
A procedure is an ordered sequence of steps for accomplishing the intended goal. This types of knowledge are usually associated to “knowing how.” Examples include, how to write a paragraph, how to install a CPU, how to operate a voice recorder. In this project you will design and develop a learning or training module for procedure-level learning.
A learning or training subject that teaches a how-to procedure (broadly defined). This is a two-part mini project to be completed in 1 hour and 40 minutes. In Part I, you’ll get started in Captivate, learn the basics, and set up your initial slides. In Part II, you’ll add more advanced elements and publish your project. While the end product results will vary by participant, your project should have the following minimum requirements:
Note: Start with a new project and a blank slide. Create 3 additional slides for a total of four slides. Slide 1 will be your title slide.
- Slide 1 – Title Slide: will contain a brief title for your project. Use the information from the Storyboard Document or create your own!
- Slide 2 – Introductory Slide: will contain a brief description of your tutorial – use the information from the Storyboard Document or create your own!
- Slide 3 – Main Menu Slide: will provide options options for content (similar to an advance organizer) – descriptions should be included.
- Slide 4 – Concept Lesson: will contain your concept lesson in written form. Use the information from the Storyboard Document or create your own!
- The rest of the slides will contain your recorded how-to demonstration, training assessment, and knowledge test.
- Set up appropriate button interactions for each slide (previous, next, and home).
- Audio recording and/or embedding is not required and completely optional.
Note: when recording your slides, be sure to record all 3 settings (demo, assessment, and training). In addition to your main project file, you will then end up having 3 additional tabs, each with recorded slides. You will copy and paste all of these slides back into your main project file.